Old Friday Mosque
- Moroni, Comoros
- Moroni, Comoros
- Old Friday Mosque in Maroni is the most popular tourist destination of the capital of Comoros. It takes a special, privileged position in the hierarchy of local mosques, and can not shake even the construction of new churches.
Probably, the mosque was built in 1472, and since then the service is not there all the time. The temple has preserved the historic white color due to the color of coral limestone, from which it is made. Striking features traditional Arabian architecture visible in his appearance: arched gallery in two tiers, balustrades, high carved frieze around the perimeter of the roof and square minaret, topped with a green dome with mandatory crescent.
Old Friday Mosque stands on the harbor Maroni. In the evening, when the orange light on the waves of events unfolds gradually staining the white walls of the mosque, going around the temple group of serious men in white clothes, whiling away the time between the prayers of the game of dominoes on the rocks vintage shops.
- Karthala volcanoKartal volcano is the highest point on the largest of the 4 Comoros The height of the volcano which is located on the island of Grand pantry is 2560... La Convalescence
- Beach ChomoniChomoni beach a tropical paradise on the southern tip of the island of Grand closet Shredded white sand the sea with crystal clear water and waves... Chomoni
- International airport "Prince Said Ibrahim"The international airport "Prince Said Ibrahim" is the largest airport in the Comoros It was opened in 1966 and named after the son of the former... Mbaleni
- Beach BuniBeach groynes Beach prefer those who run away from civilization who want to enjoy pristine nature for whom the main rest is the minimum and maximum... Bouni